Vastari operates the world's largest online platform facilitating the exchange of cultural exhibition content globally - with over 10,000 participating museums, galleries and art collectors paying a subscription to connect on its online portal. We're a team of passionate and talented individuals making a difference in the ACET (Arts, Culture, Exhibitions & Technology) space; bridging the gap between digital and physical. Our hugely ambitious team is based in offices in Whitechapel, London; however due to COVID19, our London office is currently closed and the team is working remotely. A hybrid return to work is planned for 2021-2022.
We are looking for a Part-time Bookkeeper (16 hours per week) to work closely with our CEO and our external accountants. Remote working is possible.
Salary: £13 to £15 per hour. Day rate up to £120 per day.
The ideal candidate will be well organized and comfortable dealing with financial data. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the accounts payable and receivable, reviewing monthly management accounts, preparing VAT returns and conducting other tasks related to finance. They should be excellent at recording data and have an ability to produce clear financial reports.
Track and reconcile day to day financial dealings of company including
- Monitoring accounts payable and receivable, cash flow, expenses
- Ensuring timely processing of payroll
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Reviewing monthly management accounts
- Preparing VAT Returns
- Provide regular financial reports (weekly, monthly and yearly) with assistance from external accountants
- Monitoring and reconciling cross company payments and reconciliation between parent and subsidiary
- As and when required, creating bespoke excel reports
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Bookkeeping knowledge, AAT or ACA, or qualified through experience
- Knowledge in using Accounting packages, preferably with Xero
- Good verbal communication skills, including fluency in English
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) & Google Suite
- Able to use own initiative and display a courteous and professional manner
Important additional skills
- Experience dealing with multi-currency bank accounts
- Knowledge of/ experience with cryptocurrency accounting
- Understanding of subscription based businesses
- Comfortable working under pressure