You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
· Email address, phone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
· Transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as applying, searching, and registering on our site);
· Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
· Other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
· Additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
· Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
· Other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to Vastari, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customization programs, simply indicate your preference by emailing email@example.com.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience.You agree that we may use your personal information to:
· provide the services and customer support you request;
· Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
· Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
· Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
· Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, email notifications, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
· Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
· Send auto dialed and pre recorded messages regarding transactions and fee collections to the telephone numbers (including wireless and cellular) you have provided us;
· and other uses as described when we collect the information.
Registration and sharing through third-party services.
We may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party log in credentials to sign into Vastari. With your permission, Vastari may also transfer to Vastari profile information contained in your third-party profile, including but not limited to your collection management system or website. Vastari may also, for your use, enable you to import information about who you are connected to, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites. If you wish to discontinue such sharing, you will be able to do so through your settings page.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
· Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (including but not limited to fraud investigations).
· Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
· Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Vastari user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
· With out limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure,except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on Vastari
Your User ID is displayed throughout Vastari (and so possibly also available to the public) and is connected to all of your Vastari activity. Other people can see your comments and any other items you have deemed visible. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our sites refer to User IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your User ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your Vastari activities.
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet cafe, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or reminders from Vastari, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
Using Information from Vastari
Vastari enables you to share personal information to complete transactions, organise exhibitions and facilitate interactions. Ween courage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your correspondents before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information to facilitate your transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each others name, User ID, email address and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
· Vastari transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
· Using services offered through Vastari (such as exhibitions, shipping, and authentications), or
· Other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Vastari communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Vastari users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Vastari-related spam or spoof emails to Vastari, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters, and do not disclose your Vastari password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Vastari and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to Vastari. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Vastari Terms and Conditions, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
In addition, we will notify you through the Vastari Messaging system.
If your questions are not answered via email, you may write to us at: Vastari.com, Vastari Group Ltd, Unit 2, 12-18 Hoxton Street, London N1 6NG, United Kingdom.